By Alok Saboo on September 13th, 2010
Interactive Voice Response (IVR) applications can be a huge savior for your enterprise. By using a carefully designed IVR application, you can save a lot of resources in labor costs and make your overall operations more efficient. The problem, however, is developing a good IVR application that is not inordinately expensive.and that takes into consideration your business logic, databases, and organizational structure. Today, we review QuickFuse that lets you develop custom IVR applications in minutes. If you are looking to develop an IVR app for your enterprise and looking for some help, do not miss this guide.
QuickFuse was designed to reduce the cost of developing and supporting voice applications by enabling non-technical personnel to develop sophisticated phone applications. You can develop your first IVR application without worrying about technical details (e.g., APIs) and writing a single line of code in almost no time. QuickFuse is a voice platform that enables visual modeling of call logic and call flows by “snapping together” components from a library of application models that cover all of the requirements of IVR, messaging, telephony applications and data management. The end result is a platform that makes voice applications easy to create, administer, and deploy without setting up any additional systems. QuickFuse facilitates integration with external databases and business logic via ready-to-go web service modules.
- Visual Interface: No technical expertise is required to build voice applications. All applications are created in a web browser using drag-and-drop widgets and stored in the cloud. QuickFuse provides several templates that you can use to get started. Over 10,000 voice apps
- Powerful Outbound Calling: QuickFuse allows you to create outbound call campaigns in minutes. You can use the QuickFuse call queue to place calls and create automated caller dialogs with the QuickFuse editor.
- Operates on Real Data: You can use QuickFuse’s database to store business data for use in any voice applications or use REST APIs to integrate with external databases.
- Speech Recognition and Text-to-Speech: QuickFuse also supports Speech recognition and TTS to let developers create more sophisticated applications.
- Developer APIs: QuickFuse provides services in REST format that are accessible with a normal HTTP client.
A detailed tutorial on how to create and modify apps will follow, but this should be enough to get you started.
QuickFuse uses a Pay-as-you-go model. There is no contract or monthly bills, you pay for what you use. Inbound and outbound rates within the continental US are 5¢ per minute and the 2nd leg transfers are 3¢ per minute. You can get toll free numbers for $10 per month. You can even use their low cost international rates for your international outbound campaigns.
What’s great is you get $30 in free credits when you sign up for an account. You can use this credit to test out the QuickFuse and see if it is the right product for you.
The pricing seems to be slightly higher than some of the other cloud communications apps that we have seen in the past, but given its features QuickFuse is a worthy option for your consideration.