By Alok Saboo on March 30th, 2010
The warm reception that Vonage World Plan (residential VoIP service) is receiving is motivating other VoIP providers to offer similar unlimited calling plans. Today, we are reviewing an exceptional offer from CalltoPBX, which is way better than Vonage World Plan in all respects. If you have been thinking of unlimited calling options, this offer is hard to pass. So, let’s look at the CalltoPBX’s unlimited calling offer in a little more detail.
What’s the big deal?
CalltoPBX offers a range of options starting from a non-PBX residential account to Premium account (PBX with 10 accounts). The primary offering of CalltoPBX is hosted PBXs, which are targeted to enterprise users. However, it also offers a non-PBX product targeted towards residential users. For the purpose of this post, we will restrict our attention to the non PBX product, Simple Call. Under the Simple Call plan you get:
- A SIP account that can be used with any VoIP hardware (ATA), softphone, and even mobile VoIP (mVoIP) clients.
- CalltoPBX provides SIP softphones for Windows desktop and mobile SIP clients for iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian, and Android platform to enable you to use mobile VoIP on your phones. Remember, you can always use the standard mobile VoIP (mVoIP) clients like Fring or Nimbuzz. To use CalltoPBX on your SIP device, just use the following SIP proxy:
- You can make unlimited free outbound calls to over 70 countries. Following is the list of countries that you can make unlimited calls (*Calls to cellular phones included):
Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas*, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei*, Bulgaria, Canada*, Chile, China*, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guam*, Hong Kong*, Hungary, Iceland, India*, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Latvia, Luxembourg, Macau*, Macedonia, Republic of, Malaysia*, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico*, Romania, Russia, Saipan*, San Marino*, Singapore*, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand*, Turkey, U.S. Virgin Islands*, United Kingdom, United States*, Venezuela, Zambia
- You also get some advanced features like call forwarding, Do-Not-Disturb (DND), and voicemail.
- You can purchase incoming local number (DID) for as low as $3 for US/UK. Incoming numbers in various other countries can be obtained. For a complete list, visit the link. You can even request an 800 number for additional charges.
- ALL THIS FOR ONLY $10 PER MONTH!!! That is right, only $10 per month and it is not a promotional offer. To put things in perspective, the Vonage World Plan, which provides unlimited calls to 60 countries, is priced at $25.99 (although you can have it for a promotional price of $14.99 for 6 months).
Though the company does not provide a precise fair usage policy, it states that:
Your use of any and all of the Services is subject to fair and reasonable use. The Company considers fair use of the Service to be, for each paid Service plan, one hundred fifty-percent (150%) of average monthly customer usage for all such plan customers and, for all free plans or trials, fifty percent (50%) of the average monthly customer usage for the lowest / least expensive paid Service plan customers.
Further the company retains the right to terminate/suspend an account if deemed suspicious or fraudulent or violating its fair usage policy.
Most importantly, there is no contract. So, you can try the service and discontinue if you are not satisfied. For $10, this is a great bargain and I would highly recommend you to give it a try. If you are already using the service, please share your experiences.