By Alok Saboo on August 28th, 2008
Calling to the US just got cheaper (or free)!!!
Jaduka has just launched dukaDial, which allows you to make calls to any US number for free. Similar to other web based calling services such as Nonoh and Rebtel, you enter your number and the party you want to call and Jaduka completes the call. Note that both parties need to have a US number, i.e. it connects calls within the United States only. Do not fret if you are not in the USA, you can still use dukaDial to call within the US. Here’s how:
- Sign up for a SIP account. You can get one for free at Voxalot.
- You can access the SIP service using one of the 6 methods to use VoIP listed here.
- Get yourself a free US DID number from Ipkall.
- Forward the Ipkall number to your SIP account.
- If you do not have an account, signup for a new account at Jaduka
- Now go to dukaDial and enter your Ipkall number and the number you wish to call.
- Jaduka will first dial your number and once you pick up, it will complete the call by dialing the other number.
Earlier, the company acquired Earthcaller that allows free calls to any US number using the browser alone. So, if you do not want to go through the above hassle and are comfortable calling using a headset and microphone then you can use Earthcaller to make free calls to the US.
This is one more addition to the list of things students applying for admissions should consider to lower their expenses.